It is the 2nd largest system of medicine practiced worldwide over 100 countries including US, UK, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Homeopathy is a natural, holistic, approach to healing a person, using minute doses of specific remedies, rather than simply eliminating a particular symptom. No two people are alike, therefore if two people suffer from fever, the homeopathic remedies provided for them may be completely different based on each person’s constitution- his physique, thirst, appetite, activity levels and nature.
Here we elaborate some of the benefits of Homeopathy:
1. Treats the root cause: Homeopathy strives to treat the main or root cause of the problem. It has a holistic approach to disease. It is based on treating the “Man in Disease” than disease in man. It acts on the cellular level to correct the most grave and irreversible pathologies.
2. It is safe, effective and natural without causing any side effects Safe even for long term use. It can be used from infants to old age including pregnant and lactating mothers. Medicines are not invasive.
3. Acute and chronic conditions – It can be used for acute as well as chronic disease conditions.
4. Unlike antibiotics and steroids that cause weakness, decreased appetite etc, Homoeopathic medicines will not hamper appetite. Infact in children, during acute viral fevers, the child’s energy levels remain good and appetite improves on taking homoeopathic medicines.
5. Each treatment plan is custom made to suit your disease condition and constitution.
6. There are many peer reviewed studies that confirm its efficacy.
7. Can be taken along with conventional medicines in some cases eg. Asthma with inhalers.
Patient Do’s and Don’ts’ in Homeopathy
When you come for a Homoeopathic consultation, we will take a complete detailed history of what is bothering you including your nature, your appetite, thirst, your response to stress in life to study your personality which helps us to prescribe the right remedy. This may take up to an hour. So be prepared to cooperate with what the doctor may require of you.
2. When you are given a medicine, it is important that you do not touch the pills with your fingers. The pills are more potent (and effective) when dropped into the lid of the container and then tilted directly into your mouth, avoiding contact with your hands.
3. DO NOT EAT or DRINK anything (except water) 20 minutes before and after taking medicines.
4. Do not stop any other medication that you were on before. Do consult your doctor when in doubt.
5. Homoeopathic Medicines should be stored away from direct sunlight, radiation, and microwave. They should not be kept in fridge.
Some of the Conditions we treat in Homeopathy
• Air sickness
• Crohn’s disease
• Colds and coughs
• Ear pain
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome
• Cervical Spondilitis
• Fissures and fistula
• Food poisoning
• Glandular diseases
• Liver complaints
• Menopausal problems
• Menstrual complaints
• Multiple Sclerosis
• Muscular dystrophy
• Nephrotic syndrome
• Ingrowing toe nails
• Carpel Tunnel Syndrome
• Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
• Cirrhosis of the liver
• Bleeding -eyes,gums,nose
• Atrophy of muscles and nerves
• Behavioural disorders in children
• Blood pressure (high or low)
• Breast milk – insufficient
• Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic purpura
• Cysts- in brain, PCOD, in liver, etc
• Cancer – side effects of chemotherapy, pain
• Addictions- alcoholism, smoking,drug addictions,
• AIDS depending at what stage the patient comes to us
• Eye problems- twitching of eyes, growths, glaucoma etc
• Injuries especially that don’t heal, that turn septic, gangrenous,
• Cardiac problems- Heart blocks, atherosclerosis,etc
• Dental related- tooth abscess, gum bleeding, wisdom tooth problems
• Hay fever
• Hormonal Imbalance
• Kidney stones